Wednesday 13 June 2012

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipcolours

I have 3 of these babies, one I got from my makeup swap and another 2 I purchased in a buy one get one free sale at Priceline.


So as you can see, I have a pink, a red and a pale frosty peach type colour, also known as Cherry Candy (red) Fuchsia Fever (pink) and Rose Glimmer (palest of the 3).
The pale peach colour didn't show up on my skin, you can just make out the slight glimmer next to the pink.

Maybelline say we'll love it because:

Fall in love with color, all over again:
-Crisper color from pure pigments
-Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
-Lipcolor so rich, so stunning… it’s sensational

What I think, the colours are pretty good, lovely and bold, but also glide on effortlessly, they feel great.  I really like them. 





The only thing, OK 2 things I'm, not so pumped about; the staying power; its not great, but then we have to compromise, do you want a moisturising lippie or do you want a colours that lasts?  Most of the reason colours last is that they dry on your lips, so really, its about compromise.
Also, these smell like play-dough, I don't know why, maybe its the pigments, I have no idea.  I hate play-dough, it gets stuck in the carpet and drives me insane, so for me the smell sends me in a tizz of mummyesuqe fear of scraping that shit off the floor.  If however you don't care, then it can be wonderfully reminiscent of your days at kinder.  I guess.

Anyway, these are available anywhere that usually stocks Maybelline.

Alternatively you can buy Play-dough for about $2 a tub and smear that on your face, just stay away from my place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!