Thursday 28 June 2012

Essence Stay All Day Eye Shadow

It's no secret how much I love Essance as a brand, but recently I picked up this little beauty for about $5.95.
It reminds me a bit of the Maybelline Tattoo Colours (I know that's not their full names, but its what I'm calling them) but its a thicker cream based product and goes on smoothly and easily, blends reasonably well. I always find with the Maybelline colours I have to pat them on to achieve good colour, but with this one I can swipe it on, I use my finger because its easier.

See, creamy formula.This colour is called Steel the Show, and sadly the only one that my local Target seems to have.

This is not a great swatch but it is a really lovely metalic grey, gun metal kind of colour.

It does exactly what it says, lasts all day, I have no issues with any creasing or colour disapearing and I didn't use a primer of any kind!

 I've been teaming this with a black gel liner and a (also Essence) highlighter in the inner corners.  (which I will be reviewing soon)

All in all for $6 you can't go wrong!

4 comments:

  1. I love Essence too! This reminds me of their eye snuffles that they released with the ballerina collection; i picked up one in copper and it looks like a very similar consistency. Nice to see their keeping these around.

    Thanks for checking out my blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got one of the eye soufles (sp?) because they had all been opened and smooshed, its in sadly one of the down falls of Essence products, not enough security on the packaging.

      I love your blog, thanks for checking out mine!

      Delete
  2. I went to Priceline at Chadstone and Essence have a section with about 3-4 diff colours for the Stay All Day eyeshadow! Come to Melbourne pleeeaseee then we can go make up shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And who will babysit? Cham and M?

    ReplyDelete

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!