Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Balm Vs Illamasqua- battle of the liners

When my The Balm goodies arrived, I couldn't help but notice the similarities between Schwing and Precision Ink
 I've had the Illamasqua liner for a good while so I don't have the box...

Pretty much the same...

Same...


Same...

The brushes are very similar, the left is Schwing, the right is Precision Ink, the precision ink is a thicker brush, although I have had it longer and would expect it to be more blunt.

The lines are pretty similar, Schwing might me more glossy...

Just as I was about to claim these to be the same, I thought of one more thing, that, for me, stands Illamasqua liners apart form the rest, the ability to survive a water fight...

Annnd we have a winner, Schwing rubbed off with a little water and the Precision ink is still there...

Phew, I don't really know why it mattered to me so much, but it did, I don't like to buy one thing and find another identical, but cheaper/more expensive....OK I don't mind if I paid less for it and find it pricier elsewhere, but still, not cool!

4 comments:

  1. I've had a few liners that are really similar to precision inks but the water test always fails them, I love precision inks, Illamasqua definately have a winner with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, the applicator, the finish, the quality, everything about them.

      Delete
  2. Wow the Illamasqua one stayed put really well! I haven't tried the precision ink from them before but it looks like a great product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant product, it is without a doube my liquid liner of choice. You should stick it on your Christmas list!

      Delete

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!