Monday 29 August 2011

The Purple Power Makeup Brush set from Furless.com

So for my first product review I have decided on the brush set that arrived in the mail this morning.  I haven't had a chance to use them yet but i was just so excited by what I recieved that I couldn't wait.
Firstly, when they arrived they were wrapped like this
 Pretty special I thought, so I carefully unwrapped the paper to discover a beautiful purple pouch
 On the inside was a rather lovely selection of 7 brushes.  I had my doubts when I ordered them, they were only $29.95 and I do have the old school view that natural bristles are better, softer, last longer etc etc etc...
However... These are vegan brushes and I have a fair number of brushes of various types and I think I'm safe in saying these are possibly the softest I currently own.  If I hadn't been at work I may have sat brushing them up and down my face for most of the day.  I can't speak for their functionality...yet... but if they are half as easy to use as they are soft I'll be laughing.  Also, less than $30....and in a cool purple colour and a nice case that isn't a brush roll (I hate those, they annoy me, the flap that serves to protect the brushes inevitably gets in my way and i can guarantee that at least one of my brushes will have been smooshed into a strange shape by the rolling)
The set consists of:
  • Large Powder Brush
  • Angled Contour Brush
  • Foundation Brush
  • Angled Fluffy Eyeshadow Blending Brush
  • Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush
  • Angled Liner Brush
  • Small Eyeshadow/Concealer Brush
  • Lip Brush
The lip brush comes with a really awesome cover too.  I found (on the Furless website) this YouTube review, its long an waffly but if what if i haven't said enough, this chick sure will. Purple Power Brushes review
Also Worth mentioning is that if you spend more than $80 on the Furless site at the moment, you will get these brushes free.

Get your brushes here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!